Chasing the Sunset

Fitness.

I know, I know. You're probably saying, "Nobody wants to hear about fitness." And I was the same exact way a year ago. It wasn't until the second semester of my freshman year that I realized how much my body was changing. 
In high school, I remember not having to worry about what I ate and how much I was working out. And I definitely took that for granted. In college, I also started eating anything and didn't worry about it. But, I didn't work out near as much as I did in high school. Now, as a twenty year old woman with thighs and hips, I started realizing that my body will never be like it was in high school. Ladies, it happens to everyone...it's okay. Chances are the girl beside you in the gym is working out because she gained her freshman fifteen as well. 

If you're like I was a year ago and are ready to make a change, here's some encouragement and tips to get you started. 

1. Set your goals high. Higher goals will help you know how hard to work for it. 
2. Have patience. Nothing comes easy. Especially trying to get back into a healthier lifestyle. 
3. Think about your results along the way. So what you didn't make your goals that day, or week? Think about all of the goals you've reached so far. Just don't let that one slip become a habit. 
4. Ask a friend to do it with you. Admit it...it's always better with a friend beside you. Encouraging you along the way.
5. Get out of those bad habits. Trade an ice cream for a banana. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Drink water instead of coke, or beer. 
6. Keep track of everything. Write it all down. Even the little things. Like, doing one hundred crunches before bed. 
7. Rest. Sometimes, it can be overwhelming. Take a few days to rest your body. Your body definitely deserves it. 
8. Never Give Up. Such an overused statement. But it's true. If you do give up, you're back exactly where you started. In the end, not giving up is worth it when you get the results you worked so hard for.  

Why I run?
Well, believe it or not, I used to hate running because I was made to in high school. But I have found out that running two to three miles a day does way more than help you lose weight. 
1. It can help prevent high blood pressure. For some of us who have a background of high blood pressure in our families, like me, you want to help prevent that. 
2. When you run, your body releases chemicals which helps you feel more happy. 
See more.... at http://www.pinterest.com/pin/54043264253019977/

Don't try to get back in shape for other people. Do it for yourself. If you're healthy, you will ultimately feel better all around. So, start a plan today. Join a gym. Your body is forever changing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment