I remember growing up as a girly girl, but never really dressing as one. I always wore my hair in a ponytail and in the third grade, the glasses I had to get didn't really help. My bangs were horrific (thanks mom). I had seriously messed up teeth and I was freakishly tall for my age. Thank God I got braces, let the bangs grow out, discovered contacts, and grew out of that awkward tall stage.
My mother dressed me at a young age, but I remember when I started picking out my own clothes. I remember thinking...maybe this goes with this or that will go with that. I was never certain. I struggled at first, but eventually over time I got the hang of it... I got the hang of something called Style. And I owe a big thank you to Pinterest.
Fashion has definitely become one of my favorite hobbies in college. I find myself repinning clothes on Pinterest when I need to be writing my term paper. The outfit ideas keep my mind running especially when I'm at home trying to pull an outfit together. I like seeing how other people's style can effect my own.
How you dress says a lot about who you are. Dress according to what makes you...you. That's how I look at it. If you're comfortable in your own skin, then make it look good. Instead of asking others for their own opinion of something I'm wearing, I find others asking for my opinion of an outfit. Which makes me feel good.
Expect to see a Fashion/Style blog in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment