Chasing the Sunset

A Great Treasure

As this past school year ended, I've learned a lot about myself, but mainly my friends. 

People say you find out who your true friends are as you grow older and I most certainly have. I had a large group of friends in high school and after graduation, we all ventured out to different colleges. 

I've met some pretty amazing people in college and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us, but my friends from high school have been there from the beginning. They know more about me than most and crazy enough...they still love me. Sometimes, we take for granted those days at the lunch table discussing what we were going to do on Saturday. I look back now and know...

As we've grown apart, we've also grown up. That's the biggest part. People change when they start to find themselves and find out who they are. And when those friends are changing, is the time to be there for them the most. That's the time to really love people through the good and the bad. 

Last summer, two of my friends and I decided to plan a cruise. This summer, it happened. It was the best part of my summer. I hadn't seen some of my friends in months. It was great to spend time with them because we all know once the semester starts, we don't get the chance to see each other much. 

Wow, if you want to get to know someone well, go on a cruise. You can't go anywhere without seeing the same people. Plus, the rooms are so tiny..there's no getting away. I got to know my friends well...again. 

I remember all of us not wanting to talk about life, but ended up chatting about it anyway. Some of us will graduate soon and others already have full-time jobs. The point I am trying to make here is that we're still apart of each others lives. We're all anxious, nervous and scared about the future, but we keep each other accountable. When I look back and read this one day, I hope we have all established ourselves and we remember those FRIENDS that we made many memories with. 

I saw this quote the other day. The truth in it gave me chills. 
"The Faithful friend is a secure refuge; whoever has found one has found a treasure." - Sirach 6:12


Bahamas Summer 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment